forex trading logo

Home Minutes
Minutes
July 2017 Minutes PDF Print E-mail

HILTON CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT

REGULAR BOARD MEETING

7/11/17

MEMBERS PRESENT:            Steve Shipley, Cynthia Adamson, Garrett Higerd, Windsor Czeschin

MEMBERS ABSENT:            Isabel Connolly

STAFF:                                   Marianne O’Connor, Patrick Allen

GUESTS:                                Joe Gray

MINUTES

1.         Steve Shipley called the meeting to order at 5:04 p.m.

2.            ADDITIONS TO AGENDA - None

3.            PUBLIC COMMENT – Joe Gray discussed the runoff issues on Juniper Drive and the diversions.

Steve moved the agenda to Item 7B. – Juniper Drive Special Zone of Benefit for further discussion on this issue by the Board. The Board agreed that an informational letter should be sent to all property owners in the Zone discussing the runoff issues, the plans for road repairs caused by the runoff, and that cleaning debris from the creek is the responsibility of the property owners that have the creek and any tributaries running through their properties. Marianne will draft a letter and send out to the Board for approval. Then mail the approved letter to all property owners in the Zone. Garrett Higerd mentioned that there has been a local emergency declaration for Mono County and so this makes funding available through the California Disaster Assistance Act Program to help up to 75% toward repairs necessary due to the extreme runoff. Marianne will contact Janet Dutcher in the Mono County Finance Dept. to get on the list and begin the application process. Patrick will work on estimates for the repairs.

4.            APPROVAL OF 6/13/17 MINUTES – Garrett Higerd suggested a change to the minutes to reflect he wants the District to look into what our reserves should be as far as future needs, budget, etc. Cynthia Adamson made a motion to approve the 6/13/17 Regular Board Meeting minutes, with the recommended change. Garrett Higerd seconded the motion and all Board members present voted yes. Patrick commented there is an upcoming CSDA conference with one of the sessions dealing with this particular issue.

5.            FINANCIAL REPORT – Marianne reviewed the financial report for the period ending 6/30/17. Windsor Czeschin made a motion to accept the financial report. Cynthia Adamson seconded the motion and all Board members present voted in favor.

5A.            COUNTY INVESTMENT POOL AGREEMENT – Garrett Higerd made a motion for the District to participate in the Mono County Investment Pool and approve leaving all District and Juniper Drive Special Zone of Benefit monies in our fund with the County Treasury until a draw request is initiated, to approve that the Draw Request Forms be accepted by mail, FAX and email, to approve that only one signer is required on the draw request, and to direct Marianne to transfer the appropriate funds into the District’s Fund with the County Treasury. Cynthia Adamson seconded the motion and all Board members present voted in favor.

6A.            OPERATOR IN TRAINING – Tyler Haakana is a potential candidate. Patrick will talk with him.

6B            SEWER DISTRICT EASEMENTS – Tabled

7A.            PLANNING ISSUES, RPAC, COMMUNITY CENTER – Skate Park is moving forward.

8.         BILLS TO BE PAID – Windsor Czeschin made a motion to pay the bills as presented with ck#7186-7190 with only one signer, with the second signature to be obtained after issuance of check, and #7185 with two signatures to be paid to Windsor Czeschin for Medical Expense Reimbursement. Cynthia Adamson seconded the motion and all Board members present voted in favor.

9.            GENERAL MANAGER UPDATE – Patrick Allen reviewed his update with the Board. He is planning to bill the homeowners for the cost of the road repair due to their lateral connection. Line cleaning will begin next week. He will be updating the Emergency Response Plan and will provide this to the Board.

10.       NEW ITEMS/ADDITIONS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS - None

Garrett Higerd made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Cynthia Adamson seconded the motion and all Board members present voted in favor. The meeting was adjourned at 6:52 p.m.

The next Regular Board Meeting will be scheduled for Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. at the Crowley Lake Community Center, unless posted otherwise.

 
« StartPrev12345678910NextEnd »

Page 7 of 38


© Copyright 2014, Hilton Creek Commuinity Services District. All Rights Reserved.